Gruner and Jahr Trainee Program
Do you have a strong affinity for the publishing industry and new (digital) media? Are you brimming with enthusiasm for competent, high-quality journalism?
Join the Gruner & Jahr Trainee Program!
G+J has an international trainee program that promotes management talent and entrepreneurial drive.
This 12 month rotational trainee program provides the opportunity to get a comprehensive overview of how a magazine publishing house works. Program participants will gain insight on the day-to-day business of our advertising and sales departments, editorial office, publishing, and general management and will quickly have the opportunity to work independently on challenging projects within the magazine industry.
As a trainee, there will be plenty of developmental and networking opportunities. For example, there are seminars and lectures on publishing-specific topics, and regular meetings with personnel development and Gruner + Jahr Board Members and Directors. This will provide the framework to start building your own network within the Gruner + Jahr family.
- Strong analytical/ problem solving skills
- High degree of personal responsibility and ability to work under pressure
- Ability to effectively communicate with top management, peers and clients/ customers
- Proven ability to manage projects
- Self-direction in work
- Flexibility in terms of context and time
- Ability to work comfortably in international settings
- English a must, other foreign languages a plus
Find all program specifications here.
What is CYOC?
CYOC is the abbreviation for "Create Your Own Career"
The slogan emphasizes individual career opportunities and entrepreneurial freedom, which employees of Bertelsmann get. The following video shows what Create Your Own Career means for our employees.